India should hit the enemy where it hurts in a calculated and methodical way. India's enemy must learn that, it cannot bleed India continuously in this kind of low intensity war. I am not advocating a full blown war even for a minute, as it will be too expensive and will only multiply the problem. But I am suggesting actions that will show the enemy that India is not impotent and is not a soft state.
If India doesn't act now then all its military might howsoever potent & powerful they may be will be of no use. I am no expert in this area, but even I can come up with tones of things India can do now. There are lot of options for India between total inaction and a full blown war:
- Stop talking to the enemy and declare them as such.
- Share the details of the cross border connection with the world and isolate the enemy.
- Put a maniacal focus to go after the perpetrators these ghastly acts and bring them to justice. (Unfortunately, India does not have a good record in this from except for Akshardam incident)
- If there are terrorist camps across the border as India keeps harping, then eliminate them.
- Inflict focused economic damage to the enemy. The message should be if you hurt then I will too.
- Be prepared for a protracted altercation with the enemy
- Most importantly, stand up for what is best for India and not be cowed down by any kind of outside pressure.