Here are some points I made (or did not make) during those lively discussions:
- Yes, the IT job market in India is booming, but R2I is much more than just about the job scene in India. So, base your decisions on much broader parameters than just jobs.
- Remember, there is NO one right decision. Do what 'feels' right for your family.
- Please do not keep the R2I simmering for ever. Make a decision and bring a closure to the subject and move on. This doesn't mean you might NOT change your decision later. But keeping it alive is disruptive and takes your focus away from 'what you have now'.
- Be thankful to God for all the blessings and the good things you have now rather than feeling discontent thinking about R2I.
Guess what would be the 'most' discussed topic amongst Indian (Tamil) women (after R2I !!!)? Some hints...
- It is certainly NOT Iraq...
- Not the fashion related stuff.. (but definitely discussed though....)
- Not Kids & Dating (discussed in hushed tones privately..)
- Not about the SALE...
Watching my mother watch these serials everyday, I knew Chennai women are hooked to these.. But was surprised to see its sway over the Tamil women here as well..