- Become a more calmer person: Not sure how I would do this, but would like to calm the mind, be softer in reaction (react less and act more). One thing I would to practice is to 'speak softly' and make it part of my DNA. I have a very long way to go on this front. Here I am reminded of Thiruvalluvar's 100th kural (இனிய உளவாக இன்னாத கூறல்... கனி இருப்பக் காய்கவர்ந் தற்று.)
- Beginning learning an instrument: Start learning key board and be able be able to identify ragas and stuff.
- Devote time to spirituality: Haven't spent much time in this front since returning from US. I would like to re-establish contact with Vedas and on a regular basis.
- Devote time reaching out in my own small way: Again, I feel deficient in this area, need to shore up. Would like to devote time and energy in this front.
- Blog: 1) Start blogging from my domain viswanathan.in 2) Blog in Tamil 3)Consistent and well thought out writing. Would like to write like Sujatha & Tom Friedman
- Health: 1) Continue exercising regularly 2) Run at least 3 marathons
- Rise Early: Make it part of my DNA in 2007
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Well, its that time of the year.. While any time is the right time for resolving and doing things, this new year resolution ritual seems to be age old and I have seen people do and have been part of this ritual for quite some time now.. So here comes mine for 2007 and beyond: