Yesterday (9/13) was one of those days where small things kept going wrong continuously.. and it happened when I had a long day with short leeway..
The vagaries of yesterday reminded me of this குறள், though not directly applicable..
பீலிபெய் சாகாடும் அச்சிறும் அப்பண்டஞ்Many things went wrong leaving me tired and exasperated..
சால மிகுத்துப் பெயின் (475)
Even the gentle peacock's plume
Cart's axle breaks by gross volume. (475)
- My flights got delayed repeatedly in Kansas City & Atlanta due to 'weather' conditions at destination.
- Got stuck in the beautiful Atlanta freeways for couple of hour due to 'rain related' accidents
- Couldn't pickup my rental car due to late arrival in to Harrisburg (0200 AM in the morning)
- Lost my mobile phone in the Taxi
- Thrown out of my room in Harrisburg due to fire alarm in the middle of the night (0400 AM)
- Locked myself out of the room due to 'fire alarm' panic which took extra 30 minutes to get back.
But guess what, several things went wonderfully right and it just that I wasn't seeing them as stress and grumpiness where building up making small things look BIG..
- Yes, I did get stuck in the Atlanta freeways but wasn't part of those freak accidents and those could happen to anyone anytime.
- Yes, I couldn't pickup the rental car in Harrisburg, but I wasn't really fit to drive anyway and would have made 'more' mistakes.
- Yes, I lost my mobile phone in the Taxi, but the Taxi driver went out of his way to find me and return it to me, which really made my day and prompted me to do this post....
Your Stories please..